COLLEGE OF ALAMEDA:
DETAILS AND PRICING
LOCATION AND TIMING
Design the Future will be hosted at College of Alameda in the summer of 2019.
There will be one program taking place for 6 days:
- July 8-13
The program runs 9AM-6PM Monday-Friday and 9AM-8PM Saturday. Lunch is provided throughout the program for all participants. Housing is not provided, though out-of-town students are welcome to apply if they can arrange their own housing and transportation for the week. In the past we’ve had students from as far as South Korea, Washington, Southern California, India, and Texas all attend the program.
PRICING AND ENROLLMENT DISCOUNTS
Design the Future: East Bay is a fully funded scholarship program for students typically underrepresented in the STEM fields. Applications for this program will be reviewed on an invite only basis. For information about our programs with open enrollment, please check out program information for our other locations.
DESIGN THE FUTURE EXPO
On the final day of the program, family, friends, and the wider community are invited to the university for the Design the Future Expo, a media attended event where students will showcase the final products they created during the program and detail their journey along the way.
WHAT STUDENTS CAN EXPECT FROM DESIGN THE FUTURE
- 50+ hours of guidance by University educated mentors in the design and manufacturing of a unique product to solve a specific problem.
- The opportunity to learn from fantastic speakers in the areas of health, mobility, design, engineering, and entrepreneurship.
- Knowledge of the design thinking process used by DC Design and taught at institutions like Stanford University and Boston University.
- The opportunity to learn from incredible individuals as you work to solve problems related to your project partner’s disability.
- The chance to become part of a select community of peers all striving to making the world better.
- An understanding of how to effectively approach and solve problems, big and small.
- A great time!
Design the Future is a competitive program with a limited number of available spots. Because we accept students on a rolling basis, enrollment into the program followed by later cancellation means that another student is unable to participate. If for some reason you find you are unable to attend, please notify us as soon as possible so we can offer your spot to another student.